Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Where Have I Been?

I can't believe it's been two years since I posted something.  Since my last post I hate to say it, but I ended up going through a divorce.  I think there are earlier blog posts that refer to my "wonderful" husband, so you can all just scratch that.  LOL!  But, after going through the heartache and pain of being dumped (by the way, he left for someone he went to high school with 40 years ago and hooked up with on Facebook.  I'm not liking Facebook as I hear this has happened to many people.  But of course you can find me on Facebook and lots more pics of art!!).  I'm also a new grandma and probably will not be able to resist posting pictures of the new grandson.  He just turned 1 on Friday and is getting so big so fast.  I'll try not to post too much though since this is my "art" blog.  :)  But I digress. 

I am now back in the studio and creating more art than ever.  I'm really happy with the direction that my art is taking, and so I hope to post more often pictures of my work, and maybe some works in progress, as well as supplies i'm using, problems I run into, etc.  I always enjoy seeing how people create their pieces, so I'm optimistic that people will enjoy mine as well. 

To get started though, I'm going to start with these two small 5x7s on canvas panels.  I had previously painted the backgrounds some ugly shade of green, and then one evening these pieces just came together almost by magic.  I'm really liking these.  Apologies in advance for the crappy picture taken on my phone in a dark basement studio.  Would love some feedback!  Thanks for stopping by.  I'm determined to post more often from now on.  :)  Have a great day!



 

1 comment: