Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New Book Received Yesterday

Hello everyone!  Just wanted to make a quick post about the new book I received yesterday from Amazon.  It is called "Art at the Speed of Life" by Pam Carriker.  You can see Pam's blog here.  I didn't have much time last night but still managed to read a large portion of it, as I couldn't put it down.  It's exactly the sort of book I am always looking for, full of beautiful mixed media artwork, lots of inspiration, and a wide variety of techniques.  There are about 16 artists' work in this book and I love looking at their work, reading about their techniques and their inspirations.  It almost made me feel like I had an entire cheerleading squad behind me encouraging me.  Very inspiring and made me want to get to the studio and create (too bad it was bedtime)!  Create like no one is watching!  Allow yourself to play and see what happens!

If you are a mixed media artist (or any kind of artist!) go get this book! 

Thanks for reading and have a great and artful day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment